Maybe Lavanya had given Khushi the money? Lavanya wouldn't spend that kind of money on a gift. He decided the best approach would be to ask Payal. He would have to ask her discreetly as she wouldn't reveal secrets easily. Luckily she was alone in her room as Akash was not home yet.
Arnav: Payal I needed to talk to you for a minute.
Payal: Is everything ok Arnavji? Is Khushi ok?
Arnav. Khushi is perfectly fine. I just wanted to ask you a question.
Payal: Sure go ahead.
Arnav: Do you remember Khushi needed a large amount of money last October.
Payal: Large amount of money? Um maybe you should ask Khushi.
Arnav: Please think. It's important.
Payal arched her eyebrow and thought about how to proceed. He was asking some rather personal questions, ones that obviously Khushi may not want to share. On the other hand, he was her brother in law and he had never asked for her anything before. So some truthful answers to the questions shouldn't hurt Khushi at all.
Payal: I do remember that she sold her mother's kangans because she needed money but I don't know why she needed the money.
Arnav: She sold her mother's bangles? She must have bought it back later right?
Payal: No she was never able to buy them back. Who knows why Khushi sold them. She does have the tendency to come up with some far fetched ideas.
Arnav: Can u describe the bangles?
Payal: I can do better than that. I have a picture of her wearing them. I'll show you.
She goes and pulls out a picture of her and Khushi. Payal is in the front and Khushi is behind her, with both arms wrapped around her. The bangles are clearly visible.
Arnav: Do you mind if I keep this picture for a bit? Also, please don't tell Khushi. It's a surprise for her.
Payal nodded and was secretly please that Arnavji was planning some kind of surprise for her.
Arnav: One last question. Do you know the name of the jewelry store where Khushi sold the bangles?
***********************************************************************************************************
Khushi entered the room to find Arnav lying down on the lounge, with a tense look on his face. She hurried over to see if he was ok. "I'm perfectly fine Khushi." he exclaimed without opening his eyes. He had known the second she had entered the room. Khushi had a lot of bags and very happily proceeded to show Arnav all the gifts she had bought for the family members.
Arnav: The gifts are wonderful Khushi. What is the occasion?
Khushi: I received my first pay today so I wanted to buy something for everyone. Where's the plant Arnav?
Arnav: Its outside. I already planted it. What did you buy for yourself Khushi?
Khushi: Myself? I already have so much. I didn't need anything.
Arnav: So you didn't buy anything at all for yourself? You think Di or Mamiji needed another saree?
Khushi: I bought what I wanted to buy! You rest and I will go and give out the gifts to everyone.
She then merrily went on her way to give her gifts. The family crowded around her as she first presented Nani her gift. No one could miss the proud look on Devyani's face as she silently watched her bahu pass out the presents. Anjali bitiya loved the saree. Mamiji was simply elated with her gift. "Nice choice Phati Saree ' and this saree is not ripped. Hello Hi Bye Bye." NK quickly stepped forward and eagerly asked for his gift. She then handed Akash his shirt. Aarav was thrilled with his new basketball jersey. She yelled out for the Prakash brothers and they were pleasantly surprised to see their gifts as well. Khushi has really thought of everyone!
*********************************************************************************************************
Shortly after dinner Khushi left to retire for the night. Arnav was still up there working on his laptop and she wanted to see how he was doing. Of course he was busy on his laptop typing away. He barely acknowledged her as she entered the room. Was he upset with her? But why? She walked over and asked him "Is everything ok? Are you upset about something?" "What if I am? It makes no difference as you only do what you want to anyways." was his curt reply. She really had no clue as to what could have triggered his anger. Maybe he was upset from earlier in the day. She cleared her throat and said softly "What's upsetting you? Is this about the lunch?"
Arnav: Why do you have to be so nice to everyone all the time? Can you once in your life think about pleasing yourself? You couldn't say no to Rohan because you didn't want to hurt his feelings. Then you go shopping and buy a gift for every single person, right down to the damn servants, yet fail to buy something for yourself! Why? I don't like it when you sacrifice yourself or your wants. There's nothing wrong with indulging yourself once in awhile!
Khushi: Well I don't believe in throwing away money unnecessarily like you do. When I need I will buy something for myself!
Arnav: Khushi I have worked very hard to achieve myself and have earned my riches with my sweat and blood! I have every right to spend unnecessarily on whatever the hell I want to. I also don't want my wife to buy only when she needs something! Arnav Singh Raizada's wife should be able to buy whatever her heart desires, irrelevant of the price tag. Since tomorrow is Sunday we are going on a shopping spree ! No excuses!
On that note he stormed into the bathroom to take a refreshing shower. He closed his eyes as the water droplets hit his body. Steam filled the bathroom as he let out a sigh. The water was quite soothing hitting his back. He punched the shower wall in frustration as he recalled his words with Khushi earlier. He had been upset with the revelation that she had sold the bangles. Why did she have to be good? It hurt him that he had caused her so much pain but she had still been worried about his happiness. To make matters worse she had never told him. He knew he lacked in the communication department but Khushi didn't. Tomorrow he would make sure that she would confess everything about selling those bangles. He would make damn sure that she did!
with arnav it was always ..me..me..me..or..di ..di..di..with khushi it was always others come first
ReplyDelete