Thursday, January 17, 2013

Chapter 12


"So Sheetal. Have you spoken with your landlord lately? Has he given you a final move in date?"

Sheetal shifted uncomfortably as he was literally was asking her when she was leaving. "Yes Arnav. I should have my new flat very soon."
Anav: "Wonderful. Have you started looking for furniture and other necessary items for your apartment?"
Sheetal: "Not yet. I haven't had much time to go shopping. I will soon though. Maybe even today."
Arnav: That's great. I'll tell Khushi and NK to go along with you and help you. You can all go this evening." He left there leaving behind a sulking Sheetal. She knew she would have to strike this evening.

Rohan had requested Khushi to speak with him about an important matter. She was very curious as she entered quietly.

Rohan: ASR has appointed us in charge of certain events for his upcoming fashion show. As you know it's a prestigious event and it's exciting to have the opportunity to work for him. I have decided that it would be best if you work with Maya for the time being and assist in handling the logistics of the event.
Rohan let out the breath that he had been holding as he silently awaited Khushi's reaction. She had a questionable look on her face. "But how will I work with Maya and be your PA?" Rohan replied, "I will be hiring a temporary PA and you will work with Maya. Since this is a huge project she will need extra help and I thought you would be the perfect candidate." "Alright Rohan. If that's what you want then I will work with Maya." "Great Khushi. You can go ahead and head over to Maya's office and she will give you an outline." Rohan had already spoken to Maya about Khushi's involvement and tasks for the project. She had been excited about working with Khushi and the entire project.

The day passed and everyone was back at RM. Arnav and Khushi were enjoying a cup of tea before dinner in their room.

Arnav:  Sheetal needs some help in getting some new things for her flat. Would you please go with her and help her. I'll ask NK to accompany you two as I have a presentation to work on tonight.
Khushi:  Okay Arnav and she smiled at him.
He took that opportunity to pull her onto his lap while he pulled a box out of his pocket. It was beautifully wrapped with glittery gold wrapping paper. "Open it." he said as he rested his chin on her shoulder and wrapped his arms around her waist. She hurriedly opened the box and Arnav could see just how excited she was. There was a black velvet box and inside the box was a beautiful and elegant butterfly broach. It had various colors, covered with glitter that allowed it to sparkly. She smiled as he took it out of the box and pinned it to the top of her suit. "How do you like it Khushi?" "I love it Arnav. Thank you so much! But what's the reason for a gift?" "Can't I buy my wife a gift without a reason. I saw this butterfly broach and thought of you since your Buaji calls you Titliya." He then remembered that he had forgotten something and pulled something else out. " Here is your new credit card. Feel free to buy whatever you like. NK and Sheetal are ready and they are waiting for you downstairs." She reluctantly took the credit card, thanked him, and gave him a big hug.

Arnav watched her leave. He recalled his plan and hoped NK would not ruin it. First he had bought the broach and had a mini microphone installed in the back so he could hear Sheetal's statements to Khushi.  He had specified to NK to leave them alone for a bit and notify him so he could listen in.
Nk, Khushi, and Sheetal had arrived at the shopping mall. Sheetal was having a tough time deciding what to get. NK saw a pretty girl in the next aisle and chose this opportunity to leave them alone. He called Nannav and let him know that they were alone. Arnav turned on his listening device to listen in.

Khushi: Sheetalji what are the different things that you need to buy today?
Sheetal: Just normal things for an apartment or anything that fancies my eyes. Honestly I am worried about Aarav so I am not able to concentrate.
Khushi: What's wrong with Aarav?
Sheetal: He has been insisting about meeting his father and I don't want to disappoint him but I can't tell him who his father is.
Khushi: Why can't you tell him who his father is?
Sheetal: His father is happily married now and I don't want to ruin his life.
Arnav was tensing up, just listening to this crap. He knew what she was insinuating.
Khushi: But Aarav has a right to know who his father is. Tell me and maybe I can help you.
Sheetal: You can't help Khushi. She looked straight into her eyes ready to rock Khushi's perfect world. "After all, you are the wife of Aarav's father. Arnav is Aarav's father."

Khushi blinked back to try and suppress the tears that were threatening to spill from her eyes.  She had a doubt about Aarav but now she was hearing it directly from Sheetal. The thought of Sheetal and Arnav just made her stomach churn. But that was his past, she thought. She had known how he was from the beginning.  But she knew Arnav had the right to know.
Khushi: If that is the truth then we have to tell Arnav. He has a right to know.
Sheetal: No Khushi. Since there is no chance of Arnav and I ever being together I don't want him to know. I'll live my life happily with Aarav.

Arnav had had just about enough of her lies. He knew they never had a physical relationship and he didn't know what kind of games she was playing, but he was going to end it. He called NK and told him to head back to the girls and bring them straight home. He needed to speak with Khushi and clear the air before she believed Sheetal's words. He quickly headed out to get the proof that he needed before Khushi came back home.

NK caught up with them and could sense something had brewed between the ladies. Of course his concern was for his friend and he immediately inquired if Khushi was ok. She nodded and he said that it was getting late and to head home. Khushi's mind was swirling and she was contemplating what to do. She knew Arnav would never leave her, no matter what, but how fair was that to Aarav? They quickly pulled up to RM and she had no idea how to deal with the situation. She just needed to be alone to clear her thoughts. She headed out and intentionally left her purse in the car. When NK and Sheetal entered she exclaimed, "Oops I forgot my purse in the car. I'll go get it." NK and Sheetal went inside and she headed back out to get her purse. Once she received it she headed back out to the main road and hailed a taxi. She told the taxi driver where to go.

Arnav ran downstairs after he heard NK. He knew how upset she must be and tomorrow would be Sheetal's last day in their lives. He needed to handle Khushi first though. "NK – where's Khushi?" "Nannav she just went out to get her purse from the car. She should be back inside in a minute." He stepped outside to find no one there. "Where was Khushi he thought?" Just then he received a text message. It was from Khushi and it read
I needed to be alone tonight. I am safe and will come back tomorrow. Please don't worry about me. Love, Khushi

1 comment:

  1. what the? did sheethal just lie about arnav being Aaravs father? where did khushi go now?

    ReplyDelete