Saturday, January 19, 2013

Chapter 16


Khushi also stood up at this moment, she was about to open her mouth to speak but Anjali pulled her aside.
Anjali: Please excuse us for a few minutes. She led Khushi outside.

Anjali: Khushiji please don't say no. Chotte has to learn to work together with you. We just want him not to abuse his power again.
Khushi: But Di. I don't know about this. How will I manage?
Khushi was baffled! She could not believe that the family had initiated this. Jijaji looked up Arnavji so much. What was their intention behind this whole process? Maybe Arnav had mentioned to Di that he wanted her working at AR.

On the other hand, Anjali was waiting for Khushi's response. She could feel Khushi was hesitant and she had predicted this.
Anjali: Chotte, Akash, NK, and everyone will help you. You don't have to do this forever just a little while. Can't you do this much for Khushiji? For my happiness?
Khushi: Why do you want me to do this?
Anjali: We want you to do this to help Chotte. See he thinks he is all powerful. You know how he doesn't believe in God. We just want him to realize that he can't always be so powerful. There are consequences to his actions. And what better person can help him but you Khushiji.
Khushi: Okay Di. If it makes you happy and if you really feel that I can help.
Anjali: Of course I do. Trust me. I am doing whats right.

They reentered and Arnav got up to speak.
Arnav : I respect my family's request. However, according to the bylines of the corporation, any managerial position must first serve a probationary period of 30 days. Therefore, I request that this vote be taken after 30 days .
The board members nodded and agreed. They would see how Khushi performed in her new role and make a decision. The family seemed satisfied as well. Arnav sat down as well. This was going to work out well. First Khushi would quit working for Rohan. Khushi didnt have much idea about running a company and he could easily get Khushi to sign documents and let him lead. Things would continue to run smoothly according to his wishes. Then in those 30 days he would convince Khushi to not pursue the co-Director position. He figured she would get comfortable again at AR and he would definitely have a position ready for her. Then he heard, "This meeting is concluded."

Anjali: Chotte are u ok?
Arnav: I'm fine Di. Don't worry about me. However I hope Khushi is not scared.
Khushi: What? Me and scared? Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada is not scared at all.
Arnav: Good glad to hear to hear it. When will be your first day?
Khushi: I will speak to Rohan and start as soon as possible.

NK, Akash, Nani, and Di all huddled around Khushi and congratulated her! They were happy that their plan had succeeded and Anjali was sure that Khushi wouldn't let her down. She knew Khushi's spirit and that she would give her 100%. Plus she knew that Khushi had a strong opinion and would speak her mind, whether her Chotte agreed or not. It was definitely going to be an interesting month, she thought!

************************************************************************************
She reached Singhania Industries and immediately went up to Rohan's cabin.
Khushi: Rohan I am terribly sorry but I will not be able to work here for now. The family wants me to work at AR and I can't say no.
Rohan: I completely understand. It makes sense that they would want that. Don't worry about here. I will definitely miss your company but I will stop by AR to visit you. Hope that is ok? Since today is your last day lets go out for lunch today. My treat !
Khushi: I don't know. I want to wrap up a few things before I leave today.
Rohan: I won't take no for an answer Khushi. Be ready at noon.

A couple of hours flew by and it was time for lunch. Rohan decided to take Khushi to an upscale Chinese restaurant. Khushi had not eaten much Chinese food so she decided to let Rohan order. Rohan knew she liked spicy food so he ordered them hot & sour soup, vegetable fried rice, lo mein, and vegetable schezuan.
Rohan: So are you excited?
Khushi: Frankly I am a little nervous. It is a big responsibility. I am somewhat familiar with AR but it has been some time since I worked there.

*************************************************************************************
Back at AR Arnav decided to see how Rohan had taken the news. He called Khushi but no answer. He tried calling a couple more time but he had no luck. He wondered why she wasn't picking up the phone. He then tried on the company and the receptionist picked up. "Hello." "Yes I am trying to reach Khushi Raizada. Could you please connect me to her direct line. This is her husband." "Oh hello Mr. Raizada. Khushi is not in her cabin. She has gone out to lunch with the boss." "What? Lunch? With Rohan?" "Yes sir with Mr. Singhania." This guy was testing his limits he though by taking Khushi out to lunch! Maybe he wanted to get her alone so he could confess his feeling before she quit. Like hell he would let that happen. "Do you know where they went?" "Yes sir. They went to the Chinese restaurant and she proceeded to explain the location." Arnav hung up, grabbed his keys and headed out to meet Khushi and Rohan.

At the restaurant, Khushi and Rohan were continuing their conversation. The waiter brought out the food and Khushi was actually enjoying it. Khushi and Rohan were immersed in their conversation as they discussed Priya, Lucknow, and old times.
Rohan: How do you like the food?
Khushi: It's very good actually. I usually don't eat this but I like it.
Rohan: What types of restaurants do you usually dine at?
Khushi: Arnav and I don't get the opportunity to eat out often. He works a lot and I have a lot of responsibilities at home.
Rohan: Does ASR treat you well Khushi? It doesn't seem like he gives you enough time.

Rohan was slightly upset. He cared for Khushi and it did not seem that her husband was taking proper care of her. He knew Khushi's nature and that she would never complain. He vowed to find out what was going on and help Khushi in any way possible.
Just then he saw a tense ASR reach their table.
Arnav: KHUSHI WHERE THE HELL IS YOUR PHONE?
Khushi : I accidentally forgot it. Is everything ok?
Arnav: I was worried when I couldn't reach you. I called your office and they told me you were here. You are so forgetful sometimes!!!
Rohan: ASR since you are here why don't you join us. There's plenty of food.

Arnav slid in the seat next to Khushi.
Arnav: I hope I wasn't interrupting anything.
Rohan caught on to what he was insinuating. "Of course not. I was just telling Khushi that I was surprised that this is her first time in this restaurant as she is such a foodie. Looks like you don't take her out much eh?"

3 comments:

  1. i have read on if ...but i reading on your blog again....it is true arnav did not take khushi out in ipk ....in your FF you making it right for khushi....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! A proper closure to the show , is the purpose of the FF although I'm not sure how much longer I will be writing.

      Delete
  2. poor Rohan but he don't look that stupid either. does he have any feeling for khushi but feel like a good friend.

    ReplyDelete