Friday, January 18, 2013

Chapter 15


Arnav and Khushi had just entered the hotel. Khushi was in awe of such a beautiful hotel. The marble floors, beautiful chandeliers, and elegant dcor was all new to her. Arnav got the room key and they headed to the room. It was quite a large room with a small sitting area and a bedroom. The bedroom had a huge bed and beautiful balcony.

Arnav: I have to head out for the meeting. You stay here and relax. I'll be back in a couple of hours and then we'll go out. Khushi tried to keep herself busy but she was completely bored. She looked out the balcony and saw a market not too far away. She glanced at the clock and saw that there was still plenty of time before he came back. She would sneak out and be back before he was back. She headed out and the receptionist asked if she needed anything. "No thank you. I'm just heading to the market for a little bit." She squealed in delight as she reached the market. First she went and had some gol gappas. They were so delicious and she couldn't remember the last time she had it. She then went around looking at the different shops. They were nice things but the prices were so much higher than Delhi. "What a ripoff everything is here." she said to herself. She completely lost track of time while she went from shop to shop.

Meanwhile Arnav had finished his meeting. He headed back to the hotel only to find the room empty. Where was Khushi? Maybe she had gone to get something to eat. He headed down and was headed to the hotel restaurant. The receptionist asked "Sir can I help you with anything?" "No it's fine, I'm just going to get my wife." "Oh sir, your wife left sometime back to the nearby market. Is she not back yet."
"What the!" he exclaimed as he ran out. Khushi had gone alone to the market? Couldn't she wait for him. He hurried over and within a couple of minutes he saw Khushi eating jalebis.
Arnav: Khushi what are u doing here? Do you know how worried I was?
Khushi gulped down her last bite of jalebi.
Khushi: I was so bored that I just came here for a little bit. I must have lost track of time.
Arnav: It's ok. But please don't venture out alone, it's not safe ok. Now let's go.

They spent the afternoon at Juhu beach playing in the sand and water. Khushi was really enjoying herself and Arnav couldn't help admire her carefree nature. They headed back to the hotel and changed for the evening. Arnav was taking Khushi out for a very special dinner. There was a brand new green saree on the bed for her to wear. She got ready and soon enough they reached the restaurant.
The ambiance was beautiful. Dim lights, candles, and soft music. Arnav and Khushi were seated and the waiter brought out many of Khushi's favorites to her delight. She was savoring the food. Then Arnav came over and held his hand. "May I have this dance?" Right then Teri Meri started playing and they began dancing while reminiscing about the last time they danced to this song. They lit the dance floor on fire and then they heard clapping. The song had ended and they didn't even know.
Arnav: Did you like my surprise?
Khushi : huh? You did?
Arnav: Yes I requested them to play Teri Meri for us.
She smiled and again wondered how her husband managed to look handsome all the time.
Arnav: Thank you Khushi.
Khushi: Hey Devi Maiyya! Did I say that out loud?
Arnav: if you are done admiring me shall we go?
Khushi turned a shade of red and they left.

The next morning
He gently shook Khushi to try and get her out of her deep slumber. It was 9:30 and he wanted to take her out.
" Arnav you didn't let me sleep last night and now you won't let me sleep this morning." She recalled the passionate night they had shared last night as she snuggled further into the blanket. Someone knocked and Arnav went to the door. She opened her eyes to see a rolling cart full of breakfast items, puri , bhaaji, bagels, muffins, eggs, and juice. She shot up from bed and went to freshen up, she was starving. They enjoyed a wonderful breakfast and then Arnav took her out sightseeing. He took her to see gateway to India. After that she insisted on trying to meet Salman Khan and Arnav took her to where shoots usually are held. He was thoroughly amused at Khushi's attempts to see Salman Khan. She asked shopkeepers, passerbys, and the taxi drivers but no avail. They decided to head for an early dinner and Arnav took her to a restaurant by the beach. It had a beautiful view of the ocean and they ate while watching the sunset. Afterwards Arnav took her for a stroll on the beach. It was a beautiful night with the stars twinkling high and the moon shining bright.

Arnav: You know we have to go back tomorrow. I spoke to Di today and I don't think the family is upset anymore.
Khushi: I hope not. I couldn't stand it when they were upset at me after the contract marriage.
Arnav: I'm really sorry about that. I wish that I had never hurt you.
Khushi: You've already apologized. Let's not talk about it.
Arnav: I have some good news. Di is going to be adopting Aarav so he will still be staying with us.
Khushi: That's so wonderful! Aarav will get to stay with us and Di will have someone to take care of. She is very fond of Aarav you know.
Arnav: Well it's getting late and we do have an early morning flight tomorrow. I had a wonderful trip with you. We must make it a point to vacation more often together.
Hand in hand they starting walking back. Khushi turned to take one last look at the waves and looked up at the brightest star and smiled at her parents.

They woke up early the next morning to catch their flight. Once they landed Arnav's phone rang and she could tell something was wrong. "Khushi - we need to go straight to AR. I have a little problem there. I have to resolve that then I'll drop you home."
They reached AR to find that Aman waiting outside. "Sir everyone is already here." Arnav replied "I'll take care of it Aman. No worries. Khushi you come with me."

They reach the conference room to find the entire Raizada family there along with the Board of Directors. Khushi seems a little baffled at seeing the family there. She looks over at Arnav who has a calm face. He motions for her to take a seat and he sits next to her.

Mr. Khanna: Arnav your family has called a Board of Directors meeting. While they are usually silent shareholders they said they wanted to discuss something.
Akash: Thank you for meeting with us on such short notice. As you know, Anjali, Nani, and I are shareholders. The three of us together are a majority shareholder and we hope to make some changes too, with your approval.
Akash looked away from Arnav as Arnav braced himself for the fireworks.
Akash: We feel that Arnav Singh Raizada has abused his power in certain dealings. While he is a brilliant businessman every individual has its up and downs. Therefore, for the sake of the company we feel that a co Managing Director should appointed to work alongside him. Anjali, Nani, and I have temporarily transferred our power of attorney to Khushi Singh Raizada and we would like to nominate her at this time for co Managing Director. She would be working with Arnav and both parties approval would be required for any major business decisions.

There was a gasp all around the table as they contemplated what Akash was saying. He was suggesting The Great Arnav Singh Raizada to have a co-president. ASR was used to running the shots and had a pretty good job. But if his family was suggesting it, they must have due reason.
Anjali and Nani glared at Arnav but he showed no reaction. Absolutely cool and calm, like he was waiting for the storm to settle.
Mr Khanna: Well let's take a vote and see what the other board members feel about this.
Arnav: Wait a minute. I have something to say.

1 comment: