Khushi stirs and awakens the next morning to find Arnavji
gone. She sees a note on the mirror that says "Went for a jog, be back
soon." A She ponders on what to
wear on her first day. Thanks to Nanheji, she had many options but she was
still a little indecisive. She finally settled on something and headed to the
washroom. After a quick shower she was out in her new clothes. She put her
mangulsutra on, although it was kind of hidden due to the modest neck of her
blouse. She began applying her makeup with her usual look. Lastly, she decided
to curl her hair ever so slightly to look more professional. Satisfied with her
look she smiled at herself in the mirror.
Just then Arnav entered the room wiping his face with the
towel around his neck. He stopped dead in his tracks when he saw Khushi. Was this his Khushi? She was elegantly
dressed in a lavender long sleeve silk blouse and a black pencil skirt. The
outfit showed off her curves and even showcased a little bit of her legs. Her
feet were adorned in black sexy pumps. She looked absolutely breathtaking. Then
it hit him. She was dressing up like this to go see him. Rohan! Khushi!! He roared.. She turned around
and he saw the smile disappearing from her face. She asked him nervously,
"How do I look Arnavji?"
Detecting her uneasiness he told her "Khushi ' you look
beautiful. Too beautiful in fact. I don't think that you should be wearing this
for your first day of work. Why don't you wear one of your suits?"
"Arnavji ' Rohan has asked me dress in western clothes." Damn that
Rohan ' he thought! How dare he even desire to see Khushi in these clothes. But
when did she buy these clothes? "Khushi when did you buy these
clothes?" "Oh Nanheji helped me pick out these clothes the other day
when we went shopping." "Stupid NK! Couldn't he have helped her pick
out some loose fitting and nonsexy clothes. " This is the last time NK
goes shopping with Khushi, I'll make sure of that. If I hadn't gone shopping
that day for her laptop I could have gone with her and avoided this whole mess.
"It's weird for your friend Rohan to ask you to dress
this way. He knows you and why would he ask you to do something that makes you
uncomfortable, afterall he is your friend right?" Khushi could sense a
tinge of jealousy in Arnav's voice. "I just want to fit in and I don't
want any special rules for me, that's why." "Many women wear these
clothes. It's not a big deal." He decided to let it go for now and headed
for the washroom. He got dressed and headed downstairs, only to find his family
oohing and aahing over Khushi's new attire. Payal gave her a big hug as Khushi
headed out.
Arnav was silent in the car which made Khushi nervous.
"Are you upset Arnavji?" No he repied. "I'm not upset. I'm just
worried about you working for Rohan." He pondered on ways to get Khushi
out of there. It was not going to be easy to change her stubborn mind , but he
was confident he would find a way. He was a businessman who had successfully
managed so many deals, this should be nothing in comparison to that. Khushi
turned the radio on and before she knew it they had arrived the office
building. Arnav parked and they walked inside together. "Um Arnavji ' you
can go now. I can handle it here from here." "I want to meet Rohan
first, take me to his cabin." Khushi nervously led Arnav upstairs to meet
Rohan. She knocked on the door and they entered.
Rohan gave a wide smile to Khushi which did not go unnoticed
by Arnav. Rohan stood up and walked over to Arnav. "Mr. Raizada ' very
nice to meet you. I'm Rohan" "Please call me ASR , it's a pleasure
meeting you as well." Rohan had heard about ASR but was meeting for him
the first time. He definitely lived up to his name. Just then someone knocked
and asked for Khushi to come down to HR to complete some paperwork. She was
about to grab Arnav's hand so they could leave, but before she did he told her
"Go ahead and complete your paperwork. I'll talk to Rohan for a couple of
minutes and wait for you." She had no choice but to head out and leave
them alone.
"So Rohan ' Khushi tells me that you were classmates in
Lucknow. Actually you were her friend's brother right?" He purposely
avoids using the word friend as he didn't want Rohan to think that he was
important in her life.
"Yes ASR. We studied in the same school and Khushi was
good friends with my sister. We did spend a lot of time together as she used to
come over to my house often. Actually our parents used to joke around that when
we were older they would get Khushi and I married off. But I guess you beat me
to the prize." , Rohan laughed. Arnav clenched his fist. "What
the! He wanted to marry Khushi? And how did Khushi fail to reveal this fact
to him. "Ahh the prize ' well you see Khushi has never nor will she be in
the running so there's really no competition." Arnav carefully chose his
words and waited for Rohan's reaction. Rohan gulped sensing ASR's discomfort
towards his comment and thought he should lighten the mood. "Of course.
I'm happy for Khushi that she has married and settled down. Rest assured I
promise not to work her too hard here."
ASR was fuming by now and needed to talk to Khushi. "It
was nice meeting you Rohan. I need to talk to my wife before I leave. Take
care." He needed some answers from Khushi and headed out to find her. He
turned the corner and there she was. He immediately grabbed her hand and pulled
her into an empty conference room. Khushi looked at him and saw his eyes raging
with fury as he barked "Khushi when were you planning to tell me that you
and Rohan were supposed to get married?"
No comments:
Post a Comment