Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Chapter 5
Chapter 5
"Arnav – I think I'm coming down with something *cough *cough!" Great idea thought Sheetal. She knew that everyone was busy with Karva Chauth preparations and the last thing that she wanted to do was get stuck cleaning and cooking. "I think I'll go in my room and rest!"
"Don't worry Sheetalji!" I will bring you some soup and medicine and you will feel better in no time!" Khushi told her as Arnav turned and started heading upstairs. "Khushi are u coming – I need to talk to you." She headed over and they both headed upstairs. Inside their room, Arnav holds her hand and sits her on the bed. "Khushi - tomorrow is Karva Chauth. You know I don't believe in these stuffs. Remember last year how you fainted at Teej. Do you have to fast? How will you be able to stay without food for so long?"
Khushi glanced over at him and saw his tension filled face. Her heart soared as she realized he was worried for her. Though she would never admit it she loved it when he worried about her. "I will be fine Arnavji – I promise. Tomorrow is my first karva chauth and I am so excited. I must go down now and help with dinner. You carry on with your work." She walked out of the room and thought to stop by Sheetalji's room to see how she was feeling. Her door was slightly ajar and she peeked in. Sheetalji seemed to be talking in her sleep. She slowly tiptoed in and heard her mumbling "Have to get Arnav to break my fast." Khushi's eyes shot up and fury cursed through her as she heard Sheetal mutter those words. So that's what she was planning to do, no way would she let that happen. Time to get Plan A into action. She quickly went into the kitchen and got all the necessary things to put her plan into action. She headed back to Sheetal's room, knocked on the door and saw she was already awake.
"Sheetalji – you were mumbling in your sleep about keeping vrat (fast) tomorrow so I brought you some things to ensure you get well quickly. Here drink this." Sheetal gasped as she eyed the nasty looking drink that was in front of her. It seemed to be bubbling and had a dark color and weird odor. She listened as Khushi babbled the benefits of this kara. She felt nauseated at the thought of putting this disgusting drink in her mouth, no way! "Khushi – I can not drink this. These kinds of drinks made me very queasy." Khushi simply gave her a sweet smile and said "Sheetalji, if you don't drink this I will call all the family members and they won't let you fast tomorrow." She then proceeded to bring the glass to Sheetal's lips, while Sheetal tried to move her hands away. But Khushi was stronger and was able to lift the glass and force it down her throat. Sheetal's eyes bulged and she felt her stomach about to hurl as Khushi made her gulp this drink down her throat. All done – said Khushi! "Sheetalji – next I brought you this special balm to help with all the body aches." "But Khushi – I don't have any body aches, therefore I don't need.." Khushi interrupted her and said "Nonsense , body aches always come with flu so if you don't have it now, then you will soon so it's better to apply this. She twisted the cap and a strong foul smelling odor filled the entire room. Sheetal gasped for air as the nasty smell invaded her senses. Khushi began applying balmliberally on her arms and put some on Sheetal's hands so she could apply on her stomach and feet. Sheetal seemed to be in a state of shock as Khushi moved her hands about. Next, Khushi grabbed the coconut oil from the tray and began applying it to Sheetal's hair. Sheetal's beautiful hair was now an oily mop. Sheetal's face was yellow and she could barely formulate words as the smell and the nasty kada were making her sick to her stomach. Just then she hears a knock on the door. "Come in."
Arnav enters, his eyes bulging automatically and he starts coughing violently. "What the!" "What is that horrible smell?" Khushi bites her lip to hide and smile and then says "That smell is coming from Sheetalji." Sheetal shrieks at her response and is so embarrassed that she is rendered speechless. Arnav smirks and says "Um ok Sheetal – sorry to disturb you. I was looking for Khushi. It's almost dinner time. Sheetal – I'll tell HP to send your dinner to your room." He thinks it's better she stays in her room so that no one else would get sick, and this that nasty smell can stay in her room. Sheetal, still horrified, tries to do some damage control. What had Khushi done to her. "Arnav your wife has made me apply this stinky balm and drink some disgusting kada which I don't think is helping."
Arnav looks at Khushi, and sees his Khushi, his angel with a heart of gold. Only she could be taking such wonderful care of his ex-girlfriend. This was one of the reasons he loved her so much. She was such a selfless person. "Sheetal – Khushi home remedies really work. Trust me she has magic in her hands." He said as he gave Khushi a wink. Khushi's mouth formed an O and Sheetal gasped at the obvious flirting going on between Arnav and Khushi. (Rabba ve moment)
Before leaving, Khushi instructs Sheetal not to take a shower until morning, as she was sick. Sheetal looked mortified at the thought of sleeping in this state. Khushi – I will not be able to sleep. Khushi replies don't worry about that, I will take care of it. Sheetal becomes quiet figuring she will sneak out for a shower once Khushi has gone to bed. Khushi leaves and sends HP with her food. Sheetal looks on horrified to see some plain white rice and boiled vegetables. Such bland food and she had to fast tomorrow. How was she supposed to get her energy. Ugh!! While she is eating, Khushi enters with some pills. Sheetal swallows the pills and asks what they were, figuring they are some cold medicines. Khushi replies sweetly, they are sleeping pills to help you sleep! Sheetal chokes on the water and Khushi takes the glass and watches Sheetal instantly doze off to sleep. A triumphant smile on her lips she heads out.
The next morning all the ladies are up. Anjali and Nani are trying to wake Sheetal, but due to the heavy sleeping pills Sheetal is unable to get up. Anjali tries shaking her and Sheetal mumbles in her sleep – "Please let me sleep." They figure that she does not want to fast and leave the room. The rest of the women eat their sargi.
Bright sunlight pours into the room, and Sheetal finally awakens. She looks at the clock and screams! It's 12:00. She pulls the blanket over her head in frustration, realizing that she missed the opportunity to fast for Karva Chauth . She would need a new game plan as she had underestimated Khushi!
Precap – Romantic Karva Chauth for Khushi and Arnav's gift to Khushi
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment