Aman: No sir. I am sorry. Khushi Ma'm herself asked me not to call her Ma'm so that's why I didn't.
ASR: How long have you worked here Aman? Regardless of what Khushi says you know what the correct company guidelines are. Everyone here better treat Khushi with the utmost respect, I will not tolerate anything less than that.
Aman: Sorry sir. It won't happen again.
Khushi waited till Aman left the room. "Arnav why were you so rude to him? It was not his fault. I was the one who had requested him."
Arnav: "He's known me for a long time and is aware of what I expect. You need to establish respect and command from the beginning with the employees and staff here. This is somewhat new to you, I understand but he knows better. Well I have a lot of work to do so I will see you later."
Hmmphh that Laad Governor, she thought. Poor Amanji. First he spent time setting up her office and then instead of a thank you he got a scolding. It was only her first day but she was feeling like she didn't fit in. She walked over to her computer. It felt a little weird using a desktop as she really had gotten used to her laptop. Amanji had sent her many emails briefing her on the fashion show details and she began to read through those to get a better idea. The time passed by rather quickly and then Akash came in to inform her that it was time for the meeting. Khushi and Akash were headed into the conference room when they ran into Mr. Khanna. Akash was surprised to see him but began conversing with him.
Akash: "Hello Mr. Khanna. It's nice to see you. Any special reason for dropping by today?"
Mr. Khanna: "I just thought I would swing by and see how things are going? Where are you and Mrs. Raizada headed to?"
Khushi: We are about to meet to discuss the upcoming fashion show.
Mr. Khanna: It sounds interesting. Do you mind if I join now?
Akash: You are most welcome to join us. Why don't you head to the conference room and I have a quick call to make and then will join you shortly.
He waited for them to walk away and then quickly called up Arnav on the phone. "Bhai ' Mr. Khanna is here and he wants to sit in the meeting. I think it's a good idea if you can join us as well." "Thanks for informing me Akash. I will be in there a few minutes. Mr. Khanna may ask some difficult questions that Khushi won't be able to answer."
He walked into the conference room to see Khushi sitting quietly with her hands clasped together in her lap. Akash and Aman were engaged in a conversation while Mr. Khanna was appeared to be checking something on his phone. "Hello everyone. Let's begin the meeting shall we?"
Khushi watched Arnav enter and couldn't help but admire him. He was such a man who was in control and literally fit the bill of how a leader should be. He was proud, confident, and simply ready to handle anything. His suit really helped personify his image and look as the perfect leader. The meeting was about to start and it was time to redirect her thoughts.
Arnav: So what is new regarding the fashion show?
Akash: Bhai everything is going according to plan. The designs have been finalized and will be sent to be made in the appropriate color soon. The models have all been selected as well. We have no problems as of yet.
Arnav: Wonderful - good to hear. Any questions?
Khushi: Yes what colors will be used this year for the clothing line.
Akash: We will be showcasing all in our designs in the color red. Similar to the fashion show that we did in Lucknow.
Khushi: That's so boring. Why only red?
Arnav: Khushi we have a team that specializes in giving us information regarding trends and likes that we factor in to make decisions. Our red theme has been extremely successful in the past.
Khushi: I still feel that we should some colors besides red, maybe like blue and green. AR should have innovative themes and colors. I'm sure that people will appreciate more variety.
Mr Khanna: ASR you know I agree with Mrs. Raizada. She has a point. I like the idea of adding additional colors. Akash just mentioned that the designs haven't been sent yet. It should be fairly easy to change the colors on some of them correct?
Akash could tell that Bhai was fuming and he hoped that a scene would not be created in front of Mr. Khanna.
Akash: You are correct. However maybe we should discuss this further. It's not a good idea to make last minute changes, especially since we are only one month away. We can consider this for our next big event.
Mr. Khanna: I feel that we should go with adding colors. ASR the final say is yours. You know my opinion.
Arnav was quite in a quandary. He didn't want to undermine Mr. Khanna's suggestion to change the colors, however he was furious at Khushi for giving her two cents. Of course she could never keep her mouth shut.
Arnav: At this point I mirror the concerns Akash has. The fashion show is very near and we have secured pricing and contracts based on certain specifications. I don't want these last minute changes resulting in budget issues. However, Mr. Khanna, changing colors for a few of the outfits should not be too much of a hassle. If that is what you want to do.
Mr. Khanna: Wonderful! I really like the idea of the additional colors. Let's go with that and Aman can let our vendors know of the changes. I will take my leave now but I just want to recognize Mrs. Raizada for her exceptional ideas on the matter. Thank you and we are happy to have you on board.
On that note he exited. Akash and Aman also made some excuses and left as they knew ASR would be pretty angry and they didn't want to bear the brunt of his anger. It was hard to miss the angry frown that creased his forehead. His voice crackled with anger as he spoke.
Arnav: Khushi what was that about? Don't you know better than to make stupid suggestions like that.
She stared daggers at him. How dare he?
Khushi: In case you have forgotten Mr. Raizada I am now the new Co-Director and I have the right to make whatever suggestion I choose. You are just upset because my idea was great and you didn't think of it. Well Mr. Raizada you better be ready be for my ideas because I am going to take my role seriously.
On that note she strolled out of the conference room leaving a gaping Arnav behind. That girl never ceased to amaze him!
She returned to get a message from Aman that he had rescheduled her meeting with Maya for the following day. Since changes and promotional materials needed some changes it was best if they meet tomorrow to go over details.
*************************************************************************************
It was now nighttime and Arnav had not spoken to her much since the meeting. She had purposely taken her time coming up to the room hoping that he would be asleep. No such luck as she saw he was engrossed in some files from work. She walked over and opened the cupboard to get her nightsuit. That was weird she thought. They were not in their usual spot. She started looking through the rest of the clothes to see if they have been misplaced.
Arnav slyly looked at her through the corner of his eye. He was on the verge of laughing, the sight of Khushi looking through her clothes for her nightsuits was priceless. If only she knew!
Khushi spent a good ten minutes looking through the entire closet but could not find a single one of her nightsuits. How could that be possible? "Arnav I can't find any of my nightsuits? Do you happen to know where they are?"
Arnav: "Oh yes I forgot to tell you. I got rid of all your old nightsuits."
Khushi: What do you mean by got rid? What am I supposed to wear at night? The nerve of him! He was immersed in his work giving her nonchalant answers , like it was no big deal.
Arnav: I bought you new nightwear. Open the bottom part of the cupboard and you will see a huge white shopping bag that has a variety of nightwear in your size.
Arnav smirked as he watched Khushi slowly walk over and take out the bag. She was a bundle of nerves.
No comments:
Post a Comment