Arnav whipped his head and looked at Khushi wondering what all she had told him. Had she complained about him? If she wanted to go out, couldn't she ask him? He knew that work kept him busy but she had always understood. Or had she?
Khushi realized from's Arnav's eyes that he was upset from Rohan's comment so she decided to rectify the situation.
" I prefer desi food and usually we have it delivered to the house as it's easier. I'm sure when I feel like different cuisines Arnav will happily take me, right Arnav?" Khushi then squeezed his hand reassuringly trying to tell him that she wasn't upset. Topic change was the best strategy now.
Khushi : I told Rohan earlier that today is my last today working for him and that I will be joining AR.
Rohan: Yes and we will miss her presence.
Arnav: Well I am incredibly happy that Khushi will be joining AR. One man's loss is another man's gain. I'm sure you've heard the saying right Rohan?
Rohan: Of course. I wish her the best. Although I will be still be visiting you Khushi and you promised me I would get to meet Payal, Buaji, Aunty, and Uncleji. I hope you have not forgotten. I don't have any family here and I will be bugging you all frequently.
Khushi: Of course. You can come next week for dinner at Buaji's. She would love to have you and we can meet you there.
Arnav: Why Buaji's? Why don't you have everyone over at Shantivan? We have more space and Nani loves to meet people from Lucknow.
No way in hell would he allow Khushi and Rohan to be at Buaji's. Who knew what tricks Rohan had up his sleeve? Funny how this close family friend didn't even show up for Payal's wedding. Yet he was acting like he was a long lost relative. This guy just seemed to irk him to the core.
Khushi: Of course! That's a wonderful idea! Now please let us take our leave. I'm actually quite tired as we flew in this morning.
They were silent walking to the car. Rohan had given Khushi her earnings for the time she had worked and she was anxious to visit her family. She had planned to go after lunch but hadn't expected Arnav to show up. "Arnav do you think you could drop me off at Buaji's house?" She felt a little uncomfortable asking him as whenever she did he always became agitated.
Arnav: Buaji's? What happened Khushi? Is everything alright?
Khushi: Arey everything is fine. Ammaji was telling me that I haven't visited in a long time. I thought I would go visit for a couple of hours and then I'll head back. Afterall, soon Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada will be a very busy woman.
Arnav: I'll drop you off and tell Mohan to come pick you up when you're ready ok. Now tell me why did you go to lunch with Rohan?
Khushi: Um it was nothing! He just wanted to thank me for my work.
Arnav: He could have said a simple thank you! You don't need to go anywhere with him, Understand!
Khushi: Is this because I forgot my phone? I said I'm sorry. I didn't want to go but he insisted. I'm a businesswoman now and it's normal to have business meals.
Arnav: Well next time just say no!
Khushi: Rohan is a very nice person.
Arnav: Khushi you think every single person is nice. Let's not fight ok. You know I worry so much so just don't go anywhere with him. They reached Gupta House and he leaned over and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Have fun."
**********************************************************************************
Khushi knocked the door waiting for someone to open the door at the Gupta House. Buaji opened
"Sanka Devi. What a surprise! What are you doing here? Did you stir up some trouble?"
"Of course not Buaji! I just came to visit my family!" She saw her Amma and Babuji and went over to greet them.
"Guess what ? I have been working with Rohan from Lucknow. He is doing well and he has a company here."
Bauji ' "Hai Re NandKishore! You are a married woman. Why are you working and that also for Rohan? Your in-laws are too nice to you!"
Khushi: "Now I will be working in AR." She stood up and in a dramatic fashion began to retell the details of the Board Meeting, by using hand gestures and imitations of the board members. The family was very happy to see her accomplishments.
Amma : "Just remember Khushi. You must respect your husband. Don't behave childish and argue with him all the time."
"Amma don't worry about me." She knew how to handle her Laad Governor! They spent the rest of the afternoon laughing and catching up. Khushi enjoyed some homemade pakoras. She also gave Amma half of her salary for Babuji's treatment. Though she was quite hesitant, Khushi insisted on her taking it. She also informed that with her new position and pay she would be able to fund for better treatment and encouraged them to look at other treatment options. She stressed not to worry about the money and that she would handle it. Ammaji was quite emotional and Khushi wiped the tears from her eyes. She had thoroughly enjoyed her afternoon and now to head to the market. She wanted to buy gifts for the entire Raizada parivaar with her first paycheck. She decided to head to the mandir first and then go to the market.
She started with the ladies first. She picked out sarees for Di, Jiji, and Mami. She bought a new shawl for Nani as winter was approaching. She then picked out some shirts for Nanheji and Jijiaji. She had picked a bright blue shirt for Nanheji and a soft peach shirt for Jijaji. Next up was Aarav. What could she purchase for him? She remembered that he loved basketball so she bought him a basketball jersey. He dressed so conservatively and as a kid he should have more youthful things she thought. She even bought some woolen scarfs for the Prakash brothers. She was quite satisfied with her purchases except that she couldn't find anything for the most important person in her life. He wore designer clothes so that was out. Even his colognes and accessories were all designer. He disliked kurta pajamas. Oh but wait! That would be perfect, she thought! A new plant for his garden. She called up the nursery that she had used last time and had them take the order and deliver it to the house. Finally content she left the market and couldn't wait to give out the gifts!
*************************************************************************************
Arnav was already back home, it had been a tiring day so he came home a little early. He felt guilty for yelling at Khushi earlier and would make it up to her when she came home. Just then he heard a doorbell ring. He found that there was a delivery guy standing there with a plant. "Delivery for Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada." "That's me. I'll sign for it. Who's it from?" " It's from a Mrs Khushi Raizada." He smiled as he looked at the beautiful orchid in front of him. He called her up on the phone, wishing she could see the smile on his face. "Khushi - I just received the orchid. Thank you - it's beautiful." "You're welcome Arnav. I didn't know what to get you then I thought this would be perfect. I bought gifts for everyone else also. I'm stuck in traffic but should be home in half an hour."
He decided to go ahead and plant the orchid in his garden before Khushi got there. However he was a little confused about what fertilizer should be used. Luckily the delivery guy had given him the shop's business card as well and he called them. The owner happened to pick up and talked on detail about the orchid and care techniques.
Arnav : " Your information has been helpful. "
Shopowner: "Glad I could help. Oh and sir how are the plants that Mrs Khushi gifted you last year?"
What plants was he talking about? He must be confused.
Arnav: It looks like you are mistaken.
Shop Owner: No sir. Last year Mrs Khushi sent you a number of plants. They were quite expensive also.
What the! Then he remembered how he had received some plants last year from Lavanya. He remembered being surprised at Lavanya's gesture.
Arnav: Are you sure they weren't from Lavanya?
Shop Owner: I am positive they were from Mrs. Khushi. I remember her as she can talk a lot. She said she was trying to fix some mistake.
Arnav thanked the shopkeeper and then hung up. He was still bewildered at the fact that Khushi had bought those plants. But wait, those were very expensive. Where had she gotten the money to buy such expensive plants?
thank god ...you give some thought to the pawned bangels......what i want to know that in ipk did arnav thought that those plant was from lavanya...i always thought that he knew they were from khushi
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comments! In the actual show Arnav thought those plants were from Lavanya and never found out Khushi had bought them.
Deletewe never got to see that scene in the show.
ReplyDelete