Monday, February 11, 2013

Chapter 32





Khushi had been back in her office for a couple of hours and was still trying to forget her joke of a driving lesson. She had merely learned about the gears, different functions of the car, and driven around the parking lot. The driver had been slightly scared when Khushi made a sharp right turn, despite his disapproval. Good thing the tree had been a distance away! She giggled as she recalled his terrified face when she had briefly lost control the car. It was all his fault hmmph! He had gotten her so worked up that she had not been able to concentrate properly. Her next lesson was in a couple of days. She wrapped up her work as Arnav had mysteriously told her that they were leaving a little early today due to a meeting which he had scheduled at home. She had inquired as to why he had scheduled a meeting at home, instead of AR, since this was not the norm. They had been interrupted by Aman and he had brushed the question off.
******************************************************************************
They were now entering RM and due to traffic it had taken them longer to reach home. As they entered, Di was sitting and talking to a pretty lady dressed in a professional suit with a short skirt. Khushi wondered who she was as Arnav walked ahead towards her.
Anjali:  Chotte, this lady says she is here to meet you?
Arnav:  Yes Di ! I have called her here. I can take it from here.
Anjali:  Well it was nice talking to you. I won't keep you from your meeting.
Arnav:  Let's go upstairs where we will conduct the meeting.
Khushi stood frozen as she watched Arnav and the lady heading upstairs. Curiosity was now getting the better of her, and she was slightly peeved.
Arnav:  C'mon Khushi. What are you waiting for?
Arnav led them to their room where she noticed that a small table and two chairs had been set up. Arnav sat on the green lounger and motioned for the ladies to sit at the table.
Arnav:  Khushi this is Priya. She is an interior designer whom I have hired to renovate our room, according to our tastes. She has done impeccable work for me in the past and I'm confident that she will be able to help.
Priya smiled at Khushi and extended her hand for a handshake. Khushi smiled back as they shook hands.
Priya:  It's a pleasure to meet you Mrs. Raizada. I have brought some designs and have some questions for both of you so I can effectively design the room per your liking.
Arnav: Khushi will answer whatever questions you have. You already know my preferred styles. Also, I have had our picture enlarged and would like it placed in our room.
Khushi looked at the picture and fondly remembered the wonderful memory that was associated with it. It had been blown and framed with a beautiful mahogany border.
Priya: I will put this up. I will also need some additional pictures. Now I will take some measurements around the room and then I can take some notes.
She went to inspect the room and Khushi sat down quietly next to Arnav and started whispering in his ear.
Khushi:  Why did you call her here?
Arnav: Well I thought you would decorate yourself but you had no ideas so I had to go out and hire somebody.
Khushi: Di, Jiji, and I we'll manage by ourselves. Just tell her that we won't need her services.
Arnav: Khushi I have already committed to the consultation. Just answer her questions and see her ideas. We can decide then. Also, don't be afraid to tell her your opinions. Wait what am I saying? You are definitely not afraid to tell anyone your opinions!
Khushi made her signature O face as Arnav walked over to the poolside to get some work done.
Khushi & Priya spent the next hour going over styles, colors, and concepts. Priya had many ideas and Khushi was more intent on subtle changes. After an hour Priya was satisfied that she had enough information.
Priya:  Mr. Raizada ' We have finished up here. I will have some preliminary sketches ready by the end of the week.
Arnav:  Not end of the week, have them ready in a couple of days. I need them urgently.
Priya nervously left, probably to get a head start on the sketches. He smiled as he saw Khushi staring at the new picture that now adorned their room.



******************************************************************************
Dinner had just been completed and everyone was heading up to their rooms. Khushi saw NK reading intently on the laptop with a serious look on his face. She wondered what was wrong.
Khushi:  Nanheji! Is everything ok? Why are you so serious?
NK:  I'm fine Khushiji! I am taking Maya out on a date tomorrow and I was just looking at restaurants.
Khushi:  What? A date? With Maya!! This is so exciting!
She sat next to him to try and see what restaurants he was considering. NK, on the other hand, had his hand on his forehead and was silently wishing he hadn't let that slip in front of Khushiji.
NK:  It's just a casual date Khushiji!
Khushi:  I know the perfect place where you could take Maya for your date ' Purple Orchid! They have wonderful Italian food and it is a very nice restaurant.
NK:  Thanks for the suggestion but I have already finalized a place. I am taking Maya to Sevilla  which is a very nice restaurant too. Have you been Khushiji?
Khushi had not even heard of the place and she nodded her head no.
NK:  Well tell Nannav to take you there sometime! I'm going to sleep. Don't want to be tired for my date tomorrow.
Khushi was deep in thought as she was walking upstairs. Maya and Nanheji would be perfect for each other. But what if he messed up? First impressions were always so important. If only she could be there to ensure that everything went perfectly. Then it hit her! She would go there secretly and keep an eye on them. If Nanheji needed assistance then she would be at their service. Yes this would be the perfect plan!
Khushi:  Arnav can u please tell me where Sevilla is? It's a restaurant.
Arnav raised an eyebrow at Khushi's mention of this upscale restaurant. Of course he knew of it, hell he had been there on more than one occasion. But he was inquisitive as to how Khushi had discovered this place. He answered her back in a nonchalant manner. "Yes I do know about it. Why do you ask?"
Khushi:  I'm planning to go there tomorrow. Could you please give me the location?
Arnav:  What the! 




Khushi : Yes I feel like having dinner there!
Arnav: Are you meeting someone there? Is there any particular reason?
Khushi: Um no I was planning to go by myself. I just have heard about this restaurant and wish to dine there.
Arnav:  You do know that they serve Spanish cuisine right? There are no gol gappas and jalebis.
Khushi:  I am well aware of their culinary specialties.
How dare he insinuate that she was only capable of enjoying desi cuisine! 
Arnav watched her face and realized that she was getting angry. The last thing he wanted to deal with was a livid Khushi.
Arnav: Khushi I was just kidding with you! I'll take you, we'll have dinner there tomorrow. But tell me how did you find out about this restaurant?
Khushi: Oh Nanheji was mentioning that that's where he's going on his date tomorrow with Maya.
Arnav: What!! We'll go some other day then if NK is going there tomorrow for his date.
Khushi:  No! We must go tomorrow. I need to go and make sure that everything goes right for them.
Arnav: You want to spy on them?
Khushi:  Spy is not the appropriate word! More like be their fairy godmother. I'll keep a watchful eye and fix if anything goes wrong. I have a good track record you know.
Arnav:  Really? You have a good track record with what?
Khushi:  I am very good at matchmaking. Look at Jiji and Akash Jiju. I got them together and now look  they are happily married!
Arnav: You did that all by yourself eh? What about me?
Khushi: You helped by listening to my ideas! It was my brilliant idea that brought Jiji and Jiju together. But you can't tell Nanheji or else everything will be ruined.
Arnav rolled his eyes as Khushi headed to change for the night! Pagal! Poor NK! If only he knew what Khushi was planning. As tempted as he was to carry on with Khushi's crazy idea, there was a bigger part of him that wanted to spend some quality time with his wife. Sevilla was also the perfect restaurant for a romantic date! NK would definitely owe him big time, as he called the manager to make reservations and outline his instructions for tomorrow night.

1 comment:

  1. Nk is in big trouble now
    God help him from khushi and her ideas

    ReplyDelete